Thursday, July 16, 2009

While driving to the grocery store today I got to thinking about my grandfather. For those of you (my whole 1 follower, thanks Mom) who read my mom's blog right here, you know about Trooper Bob. Trooper Bob is my grandfather and one of four men that mean the most to me in my whole life. Trooper Bob walked me down the aisle at my wedding and gave me away. So anyway, I got to thinking about the time my mom and I lived with my grandparents. I had to go to the dreaded Grandma's House (an afterschool daycare) until my Trooper Bob could come pick me up. I would sit outside and watch the road just waiting for him to come rescue from my hellish prision. I would practically jump the fence and hang onto the bumber of his truck. If I got real lucky, he would take me to Dairy Queen so I could get a chicken finger basket. Sometimes we would see old ranchers sitting there eating an ice cream cone and Trooper Bob would stop and talk to them. I also remember hanging out with Trooper Bob in his shop and listening to the radio that played big band music.

Trooper Bob showed me what a real man is and how to be loving toward others. Trooper Bob personified fun, love and I will always love and respect him. This is me saying that Trooper Bob was an important part of my life and still is. I love you Trooper Bob.

1 comment: